- Hong Kong leader says Beijing will not back down on new security lawHong Kong leader Carrie Lam said on Wednesday the central government will not back down on plans for national security legislation for the financial hub, even as Britain stepped up criticism of the move.
- Britain will not walk away from Hong Kong, Johnson saysBritain will not walk away from the people of Hong Kong if China imposes a national security law that would conflict with its international obligations under a 1984 accord, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Wednesday.
- U.S. protesters, angry at Floyd's death, defy curfew but violence subsidesU.S. protesters ignored curfews overnight as they vented their anger over the death of an unarmed black man at the hands of police, but there was a marked drop in the violence that prompted President Donald Trump to threaten to deploy the military.
- Exclusive: Flush with corruption cash, Brazilian states step up deforestation fightBrazilian states are bolstering the fight against destruction of the Amazon rainforest with millions of dollars from an oil company's corruption settlement that allows them to partially compensate for weakening environmental protections under President Jair Bolsonaro.
- Republican-led U.S. Senate probe to hear first testimony on Trump-Russia investigationA main figure in an investigation of the 2016 Trump presidential campaign's contacts with Russia is due to testify on Wednesday in a politically charged U.S. Senate probe led by a Republican ally of President Donald Trump.
© 2020 106 Live Radio | All Rights Reserved