Lil Wayne condition has improved following another hospitalization for seizure.
The Young Money rapper was found unconscious last weekend in a Chicago hotel and was rushed to the hospital, TMZ reported. The rap icon reportedly suffered multiple seizures as a result of his struggle with epilepsy, a condition he has from birth. His team had to cancel his concert in Las Vegas on Sunday night after doctors advised him not to travel at least for the next couple of days.
Sources say after a brief stint in the hospital, his team tried to get him discharged to make it to his Las Vegas show but his doctor told him to take it easy. Lil Wayne had a gig at Drais Beachclub in Vegas where Rae Sremmurd was also scheduled to perform. The New Orleans rapper, whose real name is Dwayne Carter, has been having seizures for years and last year he had at least three attacks on his private jet. The aircraft was forced to make an emergency landing where the rapper gets medical help.
Weezy’s daughter Reginae Carter told her fans on Twitter that her father is doing fine and thanked everyone for their concerns. “My dad is doing fine everyone! Thanks for the concern you guys are amazing,” she tweeted. She also added in another tweet, “Oh yeah… & don’t believe everything you hear.”
Lil Wayne promises that his long delayed album Tha Carter V will likely be released this year but so far there is no signs of the project and no precise release date. He is still suing his former friend and mentor Birdman for $51 million and is insisting that he wants to be released from his contract with Cash Money Records. There is no ending to the legal war between Wayne and Birdman and it seems Carter V will not see the light of day.